Saturday, December 7, 2013

A Little Bit of Heaven

This is a sweet sentiment.  Since Lynda has been in heaven I feel a greater connection than ever before.  It's not only because I can't wait to get there to see her again but because it has only deepened my love for God.

You know when you have your first baby and the time comes for you to leave him or her?  There are lots of people who could take care of a baby but there's no one that you trust more than your Mother or your Daddy to know just what to do and to love you baby as much as you do.

That's how I feel about Lynda being in heaven with Jesus.  No one can take better care of her than Jesus can and no one (not even me) can love her more.  In the time between now and when I join Lynda in heaven I don't have a worry about her happiness.

As I've said before, having Lynda in heaven makes it even more like home.  Home is where the heart is and my heart is with Lynda.  Jesus made our future reunion possible on the cross so of course I cannot wait to fall on my knees and thank Him in person for loving and taking care of Lynda.

Heaven is so real to me and having Lynda there and her in my heart does make me feel that there's a little bit of heaven in our home.  I have been so surprised at the miracle that God has performed in my heart this Christmas season.  Expecting to be paralyzed with the sadness of Christmases past I have instead found the peace that passes understanding.  Christmas has taken on a new more personal meaning that I never imagined was possible after over fifty years of hearing the story of  the birth of a Savior.

I thank God that I can rejoice with Lynda as she worships Jesus this Christmas season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment