Thursday, December 12, 2013

Finally Found Lynda's Christmas Lantern

We found a solar powered lantern for the final hook on the pole with the angel wings.  It has been hard to find one that wasn't oriental looking instead of one like this that's more traditional.  The grass is still growing and growing.  Everything all around the new grass we planted is brown.  Her grass looks like part of the Christmas decorations.  If it doesn't snow soon so I can make a snow angel for Lynda, I'm going to take my allergy pill and make an angel in the grass.  So if you hear about some crazy women at the cemetery laying on a grave...it will me making a grass angel on the soft green grass that Lynda would have loved to sit in the middle of and  pull out one blade at a time.  The bright green grass makes me smile.  It makes me happy to see the grass growing like a beautiful blanket every time I go to visit. 

Lynda's green grass is a testimony to how our God knows our heart and our needs no matter how trivial they may seem.  It was important to me to see grass growing over the red dirt.  Then when I expected it to be gone...it has continued to grow like a velvet blanket.  Sometimes it's the little things that push us over the edge and sometimes it's the little things...the small kindnesses or the unexpected pleasure of finding that even in temperatures like we're experiencing now, Lynda's grass is going to be green that help us keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment