Friday, December 6, 2013

Visiting Hours in Heaven

I've heard many parents say that if they could have their child back on earth, they would do it in a minute.  I would love to have Lynda back but not as she was.  Even if God would allow me to turn back time and bring her back to her old life, how could I ever ask her to leave paradise to come back just so I could see her again?

Visiting hours in heaven.  Now that's an interesting thought.  Yes, I would love, love, love to see Lynda in heaven and talk with her but how would I ever leave?  Don't you imagine that a second in heaven would be enough for us to know that we are in the presence of God Almighty?  Of course it would.  But let's pretend that we could come and go between earth and heaven and there were visiting hours in heaven.  I'd be there every time the gates opened. 

One day though I'll be there and without visiting hours.  One day I'm going home.  I'm going home to see Lynda.  I don't know when but I know I've already spent 40 years with her and 30 years of those I could only wonder what she might want or need.  It's unlikely that it's going to be 40 more years (since I'm 61 years old).  So in the grand scale of things with an eternity ahead for Lynda and me, what's 30 or 40 more years on earth when heaven is the prize.  I know for Lynda time is no longer measured in years.

How long it will be until I see Lynda again is in God's hands.  It would be fine with me if He decided to rapture us right now.   God's timing is perfect.  I have His promise that He is with me here on earth as I will be with Him in heaven for the rest of eternity.  It is well with my soul and I thank God so much that especially this Christmas. 


No comments:

Post a Comment