Monday, December 30, 2013

Opportunity and New Year's Day

There's something about beginning a new year with endless possibilities and opportunities.  The new year provides us another chance to write a new chapter in our life story and to learn from the previous year's successes and failures.  Whether you make New Year's Resolutions or not you probably have some mental notes you've made during the previous year to do something differently--- to learn a new skill or maybe to eliminate a habit or two.  The end of the year brings closure and a new beginning.  A logical place to start again.

Interestingly that is what God gives us every day, not just the beginning of a new year.  He gives us second chances and do overs at any point in our life that we ask Him.  He forgives our sins on any day of the year.  He cheers us on when we are trying to achieve new goals and break old habits.  He leans close to us when we go to Him in prayer....any minute of any day of the year!  God isn't waiting on us to "get it all right" before we give our hearts to Him.  If that were true there would be no point in even trying because we cannot get anything right without Jesus.

I love the beginning of a new year because it is exciting to think about what God has planned for me in the coming year.  Rather than worry about what might happen in 2014 that could turn my life upside, I know that wherever I am to go, God has gone before me.  There is absolutely no place I can go that He isn't already there.

I choose to look at 2014 as a glass completely full and brimming over with challenges, blessings and surprises.  Only God knows the outcomes and the victories.  I wish for you and your family a year filled with love and contentment.  Opportunities to help others as well and someone there to help you when you need a shoulder to cry on or an ear to listen to your good news.  If you have not already made Christ your savior I pray that is the first thing you do for 2014.  It's the best decision you can ever make for 2014 and eternity to follow.

Happy New Year Lynda.  I know your time in heaven has been but a blink of your eye.  You are loved and missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment