Sunday, December 8, 2013

Pictures With Santa

Pictures with Santa every year when the kids were young was always a tradition in our family and one that was always similar to running a marathon.  The picture above was when Kevin was about 2 and Lynda was 10.  It's confusing because she had two or three Christmas dresses that year and I can't go by that.  I think it was the Christmas before Millcreek.

The bottom picture was taken at an Christmas dinner at Scott Center.  I'm not sure what year it was but it was the year after Kristopher refused to get closer than a football field to Santa.   Kris was 3, Kevin was 7 and Lynda was 15.

It's one of the last pictures that I have of all three of them together with Santa.  There comes a time that even bribery doesn't work.

This was always a fun family Christmas event because the ARC had the Christmas dinner for all of the families with kids with special needs.  For one night everyone could go to a Christmas event that we didn't have to worry about anyone being offended if one of our kids with special needs decided to take the ornaments off the tree or scream a blood curdling scream during the blessing.  It was a stress-free Christmas party where everyone there understood our kids and loved them unconditionally.  Siblings enjoyed the party, too.  It was just fun and relatively stress free.

I love the "Santa Pictures".  I have a bunch of them framed and hanging in my house during the holiday.  Two of me when I was little and one of Russ.  Pictures of Lynda with Santa before Kevin was born and then variations of Lynda and Kevin.  Then Lynda, Kevin, and Kristopher.  Some of Kristen and Kelly.  Pictures of our grandchildren with Santa, Mason and Graysen and Kaden when we were in Louisiana for Christmas.  I don't think we have any with Meg and Morgan or Karson.  Maybe this year.  We even have pictures of Russ and Me with Kristen and Kris and Santa when we were in North Pole, Alaska with NOBC building  a church. Oh, and pictures of Kirby and Kasidy with Santa at Petsmart.   It's just always been a tradition that I love.

Now I love to look back at the pictures.  Kristopher is now 30.  Kevin is 34 with two children--a five year old daughter and a son just about the age Kevin was in this picture.

And this Christmas Lynda is in heaven with Jesus.  Of course, I wish I had a picture.








No comments:

Post a Comment