Thursday, December 26, 2013

Lynda's Orange Peanuts

For as long as I can remember, I've bought Lynda orange peanut candy for Christmas.  Other times of the year too but definitely a stocking stuffer.  There were so many things she couldn't eat because of her lactose intolerance but these little candies were mostly sugar and she loved that!

I went to Wal-Mart to buy some of the orange slice candies for mother to use in her fruitcake and I knew before I went that the orange slices always hung next to the orange peanut candy.  I planned to just grab the candy for mother and be out the door.  When I saw the peanut candy hanging there memories flooded my mind and my heart.  Good memories of us sitting at the table and me breaking the candies in half so she didn't get choked since she ate with gusto and it didn't always include chewing.  She would say "Unh"when I wasn't making them available as quickly as she thought I should.  It was just fun to see her enjoy her Christmas candy even if it in no way resembled anything on the Christmas candy aisles.

I felt the tears ready to well up in my eyes when I thought to myself...Lynda doesn't need orange peanut candies this year.  She's in heaven where she can have anything she desires because she has no food intolerances and I'm guessing God has quite a candy store in heaven.  There are things that will always remind me of Lynda.  Some make me smile and some bring a few tears.  The best part is that no matter what I think about that she enjoyed here on earth...I think of heaven and know that she is with the creator of the universe and lacks for nothing.

I am so blessed to know that Lynda's life didn't end at the grave, that heaven is a real place and that we serve a living God.




No comments:

Post a Comment