Thursday, December 26, 2013

Grateful Eyes...


Regardless of how many ways life may have disappointed me in these sixty-one years on this earth, there is no way that anything can take away my joy in being a child of God.  The daughter of the King....joint-heirs with Christ.  Because of this gift of grace and the promise of eternal life in heaven how can I be anything but grateful?

When I stand at Lynda's grave and know without a doubt that she is not there but rather alive in heaven....this mother's heart is overflowing with love and gratitude for Jesus who made eternal life possible for her.  I will always miss her until I see her again but the sadness was quickly replaced with gratitude that she is now perfect in every way and in the presence of the Trinity forever.

Life is a series of choices.  What happens to us is often outside of our control but how we look at life and decide to react as a result of it is very much within our power to control.  In spite of the hardships and tragedies that occur as part of living on this earth we as Christians know this earth is not our home.

Just like the saying about the glass being half full or half empty, it's all in the eye of the beholder.  Even in the loss of my sweet Lynda and the days that I find it hard to put one foot in front of the other...I choose to look at the world with gratitude.  If I were to count my blessings, I would never be able to name them all.

God is good all of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment