Thursday, October 3, 2013

Lynda's Grass is Growing!

 Lynda's grass is growing and it even looks green from a distance.  It's the tender new grass that we could cut with scissors but a lawn mower would chew to pieces.

We're just hoping it will take hold enough to make some roots and runners to hold it all together during the winter.  Tonight it got a drink of Miracle Grow in the water.  Of course the best growth has been after it rains.  The existing grass that had runners going up into the new soil seems to have stopped like they're watching the new grass to see how it does without them.  LOL
I can tell you one thing.  Just putting the dark potting soil over that red clay that they use to fill in the graves was an improvement for me.  I detest the red dirt.  Bramlett Elementary School used to have red dirt on their playgound.  Every day Kristopher would come in looking like he'd rolled around in the dirt (which in kindergarten he probably did).  Kevin could go to school dressed in white and come home looking like he left.  I, on the other hand, it has been rumored by my mother tended to lean toward Kristopher's rolling in the dirt routine.  I came home with my dress sashes hanging and she always knew I'd had a good day.  Lynda always had grass stains on her bottom from playing outside.  She had a sandbox and she liked to play in it.  She also just liked to sit on the grass and pull up blades and watch them fall from her hand.  Lynda loved the outdoors in any season.  I know she has a great view of all of God's creations and who knows that might just include her grass which isn't really about the actual grass but rather the love that goes into growing each blade in her memory.  You are loved, Lynda.  I hope God has explained to you just how much you blessed our lives.  Have another great day in Paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment