Monday, October 28, 2013

Heaven's Heart

Every day I think of Lynda and I thank God for sharing her with me for 42 years.  Working on the design and etching for her headstone has been a small tribute to her life.  When she is shown with angels surrounding her here on earth, I believe it is just a small depiction of the love that God had for Lynda while she was with us.

In heaven she knows her angels by name.  She has also seen the face of God and felt the arms of Jesus wrapped around her.  I look toward the heavens and marvel at what is beyond the clouds.  Beyond this world.  I rejoice with Lynda for finally reaching home.  Like the heart cloud there is an emptiness with her gone from the center of my heart.  Knowing she is in the ultimate place of joy and happiness, I can now concentrate on the heart cloud on the outside symbolizing eternal love instead of the empty blue space left.

It looks as though the clouds are slowly filling in the blue emptiness of the heart.  I think it's like that with grief.  One day my heart will be whole again and when it is....I will have space to remember all of the wonderful memories as the sorrow takes less and less space in my heart.  She will always be in my heart.  Always.



No comments:

Post a Comment