Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Linus Has His Blanket....I Have Mine

Linus has his blanket that he takes with him everywhere he goes.  Lynda had a lavender blanket that went with her everywhere.  She rubbed the satin binding completely off of it while sucking her thumb.

This aqua blanket was the last blanket that we bought for Lynda and like her flannel sheets and pillowcases, it had her name embroidered on it.
I asked the NMRC staff to bring it to her when she was in ICU. 

I always wanted her to have the soft flannel sheets and the soft blankets next to her skin because the regular ones are not as snuggly and she was cold natured.  The nice thing about NMRC was that the cottage temperature remained about the same all through the year.

 Now my Lynda blanket goes with me like Lynda's lavender blanket did with her.  I sleep with it folded up beside my head each night and hope to have dreams about Lynda.  For years I've dreamed about her and she was always talking to me in my dreams.  As I'm falling asleep every night I'm thinking about her and thanking  God for allowing me to be her mother.
 God has Lynda in his arms and I will always have her in my heart.  Can't wait until I can have her in my arms, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment