Thursday, May 28, 2015

I Prayed For This Child...

I look at this picture of Lynda and me over forty years ago and I fight back the tears...but I know by now I'm not going to win.  Tonight they are tears of gratitude to God for taking my prayer to be the parent of a child with special needs and answering it with Lynda.  I had no idea that such a little girl could change the course of my life forever but that's how God works.  He brought this little blond streak of lightening into my world and I have never been the same.

To be able to interact with Lynda and to understand her needs God led me into world of special education and showed me what I truly loved and where my life's work would be.  Lynda personalized autism for me and was the teacher that no professor or textbook could match.  She drew the whole family into the field of special education over the years and influenced more people than I can name.

I cannot imagine my life had I not met Lynda and had she not been my little girl.  I am thankful that her biological mother took her to a safe place to relinquish her when she could care for her no longer and that God allowed me to step into the role of her mother through adoption.  All of our children are miracles because they all are gifts from God.



Life is fleeting.  As I look at the picture of Lynda and me...I see life just beginning for us both.  The path traveled was pretty rocky and narrow at times but God was always there leading and carrying both Lynda and me through the most treacherous parts of our journey together.  When she and I came to the final fork in the road and her body couldn't make another step...Jesus was there still leading...right into heaven.

I prayed for this child and the Lord did grant me what I asked of him.  I will spend eternity thanking him for dying on the cross so that I know without a doubt  that I will see her again.  I thank him every day that he answers prayers and changes lives.  I'm so thankful that I'm a sinner saved by grace.



No comments:

Post a Comment