Friday, October 31, 2014

Gone to Dad's...

How wonderful to be adopted into the family of God with Jesus as my big brother!  It is comforting to know that Lynda has the best big brother ever who did come back for her.  Jesus picked her up and carried her back to heaven to the place that had been prepared especially for her.

My relationship with God isn't one that leaves me wondering if He hears me or knows if I'm here.  I know without a shadow of a doubt that before the beginning of time, God has been preparing a place for me and for all those who surrender their lives to Jesus.

No matter how much I miss Lynda, I never have to wonder where she is or who she's with.  I don't have any doubt that every little detail had already been completed before the angels had winged their way with Lynda to paradise.  God became man and died on the cross.  No matter how many people reject the idea as being too unlikely to be real or feel they've got life all figured out without including Jesus...He DID leave heaven to become the living sacrifice for me (and for you).  He HAS gone to prepare a place for YOU and if you believe in HIM and profess your faith in HIM, he will write your name in the book of life and will hand you the keys to a mansion built for an eternity in heaven.  He's gone to prepare it for you.

I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to know that the grave is not the end, that eternity isn't an endless experience of floating on a cloud...it is real spent with a heavenly father who loves us like a daddy and His son who became our living sacrifice and stands in the gap for us before the Father with the Holy Spirit who intercedes on our behalf.  I don't know what heaven is like down to the details because God hasn't shared that with us yet.  No use to even try because while we are still in our earthly bodies with our earthly minds, we can't grasp the magnitude of it all anyway.  All I have to know is God is good, His mercy is everlasting and His truth endures forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment