Sunday, September 8, 2013

On Angel Wings

We have designed the art work for Lynda's headstone and the high school art teacher at North Pontotoc who also works for the monument company in Pontotoc will turn our idea into a drawing and then a color etching on the stone.  I have to say seeing the mock up of her name, birthday and date of death just about did me in and that was just on a piece of paper.  It should be ready by the first week in November.

I found these angel wings that looked a lot like a necklace I'm having made by someone on Etsy.  It has silver angel wings and a hand stamped disc that says My Lynda Flies With Angels and has her birthstone (sapphire) hanging also.  There is another necklace that is the same but says Carried to Heaven on Angel Wings.  I haven't decided really on which one I want.  The piece we're creating at the grave is going to be similar as soon as we can figure out what material with withstand the elements and can be hand stamped with one of the sayings above. One hook will hold a basket of flowers and the other one a little wind chime (yet to be made) that makes a tiny tinkling sound.  The pinwheel that was in Lynda's room at NMRC for years and years will eventually come down.  I suspect it will only happen when the sun has bleached it to white.  It has one broken blade from earlier encounters with the one whose grave it marks.  That just makes it even more special to me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment